Wednesday, October 27, 2010

eighteen ten ten

181010 is another change in my life and all in God's good timing. I have scheduled for C Sect in the morning at 10.30 a.m. with my gynae. It was supposed to be at 1.30 p.m. but as he was due to fly off to attend an overseas conference, he brought the op earlier so that he could make sure that I was ok before sweet...:)

Anyhow that morning, and even that evening before, I just had this peaceful feeling that it is indeed the right time for Alycia to come into the world. On the way to the hospital, traffic was smooth, it was raining lightly and lo and behold there were two rainbows in the sky. It was such a beautiful sight and I just felt peace. Had a good chit chat with John in the car and arrived at the hospital in good time. The nurse at the post natal ward said that I came just at the right time as there was only one single room left , the rest all fully taken up. When I told my bro abt the two rainbows he very nicely put it as Arielle and Aaron welcoming the little sister into the world.

I had all the medical pre-op steps in my mind that I had to go through before the actual op, all of which I did not like, so mentally I was occupied with slashing off the steps that I have completed, bringing me closer to the last chapter of child birth in my diary. At 10.30 a.m. I was wheeled into OT. Got my epidural jab and then heard my gynae's voice asking impatiently.."where is the midwife? why do I always have to wait for them?" Waited for about 10 mins for the midwife to come. I was getting impatient as well as I wanted it to get it all over and done with. Finally the mid wife came and I think we started at abt 10.45 a.m.

This time I was kind of amused at how my gynae was using my body organs to test a trainee nurse like asking her "what is this muscle called", "what brings blood to this organ" etc...I remember thinking..."ahyoh, using my insides to conduct an anatomy lesson"...oh well I think if I was the trainee nurse, I would have given up the job from the way my gynae was sarcastic at her wrong answers. Well he had a pt...surgical procedures are rather critical and having trainees around should be a no no. Anyhow, after 15 mins or so, he pulled Alycia out after a "tug of war" session with my body at 11.09 a.m...hearing her cry was such a sweet sound in my ears and seeing her after that just melted my heart. The anaesthetic told me..she has such nice lips and mouth. Such a bessing! My gynae kept rassuring me after that that I was doing well and that it was almost over. At abt 11.45 a.m. I was wheeled out of OT and stayed in the landing area for an hour in case of any complications. All went well and at about 1 p.m. was wheeled back into my room , reunited with John.

Glad that its all over and now to raise her well in God's awesome blessing. Pray that in her first year of life she will be in good health and thereafter.

1 comment:

Ann said...

So happy to her that it all went well. Indeed a new chapter...better days are yet to come.

The 2 rainbows must have been a peaceful sight to behold.

Trust and believe and it will come to pass.