Friday, November 23, 2007

Discovery Days

Every year my church will have a 2-day children’s programme called Discovery Days – normally during the last weekend of November. As I am part of the team of Sunday School teachers, I have always been involved in helping out this event for the last few years. I would always take leave on the first day (which is always a Friday) for the event. However this year, I have decided not to be involved in the operations but just managing the accounts. I have just started a new job and do not have sufficient leave to take the day off. Furthermore I have been real busy with all aspects of my life that I didn’t think I could have the time to attend meetings after meetings. Today is the first day of DD 2007 and feel kind of guilty not being part of it. Kind of sad as well as this year my favourite kid, WY's angel no. 1, is attending the fun event.

Normally during the first day, the kids will go through a programme of worship, ice-breakers, games, crafts, workshops etc. Kids will learn about God’s word by going through a series of stations. During the second day, the kids will go for an outing. In the past few years, I have been to Petrosains, Sunway Petting Zoo, and the Science Centre (if I can remember correctly). During the Science Centre outing, I remember, one of the kids under my care injured his finger when playing with one of the experiments. I felt bad that I did not ‘jaga’ him ‘baik-baik’. Apologised to his mum who was also a Sunday School teacher. This year I really cannot remember where they are going but to somewhere with a weird name. Well am looking forward to sending Arielle to a DD event when she is bigger. Then che che Alyssa can ‘jaga-jaga’…

No comments: